Because sometimes, when confronted with the majesty and grandeur of nature, men instinctively try to claim the territory as their own. And also because this was pretty clearly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And because we’d had a lot of water. And because we are animals. And because we accept this.
Who wants trailers? I know you all do.
• A dystopian sci-fi tale that pushes the boundaries of the medium.
• Visually stunning, good concept. It all depends on the execution.
• Another great idea, and a good director, to boot.
• This looks almost impossibly dumb, but I’ll be honest, when it finally lands on HBO, I’ll probably watch it.
• Because Hollywood loves originality so much that it makes every movie twice (at least), enjoy a pair of trailers for period mysteries about magicians: The Illusionist and The Prestige.
• This looks like it was upgraded from straight-to-Skinemax. Will this be the film that finally sees Elisha Cuthbert get naked? Her star power’s fading, and if she doesn’t do it know, she’ll wind up doing it for less pay on cable in ~7 years. Trust me.
And the award for Most Expensive Date With Absolutely No Possibility Of Any Kind Of Sex goes to: This guy, known only as John, who paid $30,000 for a date with Jessica Biel. The whole thing is part of a fundraiser for a girl who lost a leg in a prom night limo accident (itself a somewhat comical, if morbid, turn of events). There’s a possiblility that this guy’s motives could be as much as 50% pure and humanitarian, but it’s likely he’s just some indepenently wealthy nutjob who’s looking to rub on Jessica Biel for a couple hours. I’m not saying I don’t see where he’s coming from on this one (just Google her for yourself and see what I mean), but this guy has to know his chances of scoring are absolutely zero. There has to be a cheaper way to buy disappointment.